They say that if you see one cockroach, there are way more where that came from. But what happens if you see hundreds of cockroaches? Well, call the fire department, because your place needs to be torched.
I’m not even joking. In Pana, Illinois, a house was so infested with cockroaches that the fire department had to dig a mote and start a controlled fire so that the cockroaches didn’t infest more homes on the block. It’s pretty brutal (but also kind of satisfying) to watch firefighters send these roaches straight to Hell.
As a hater of cockroaches, an event like this in my neighborhood would be cause for drunken celebration. What a time to be alive.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/burning-cockroaches/
This incredible footage shows the dramatic rescue of a man who was stuck inside his burning Fresno home.
Bystanders watched the house burn, and they didn’t know what to do when a woman told them her father was still inside. Suddenly, one hero jumped to action. He miraculously found a way into the house. He braved the flames and carried the poor elderly man on his shoulders to safety. He didn’t know the man, yet he risked everything to save him.
(Source: The Fresno Bee)
Now that man is a HERO. After the daring rescue, the anonymous stranger walked off, barely saying a word to the people he just helped. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers.
Read more: http://viralnova.com/rescued-from-fire/
When I was a Girl Scout, they didn’t teach us how to build a campfire. Back then, I thought it was pretty normal, but now, I can’t help but wonder why we didn’t get to learn the useful survival skill while our male counterparts did.
Regardless, to this day, I am a bit intimidated when asked to gather tinder and kindling for a campfire.
What’s the difference? How much do I need? And don’t even get me started on how you go about assembling all that stuff…
Thankfully, sites like ScoutmasterCG exist to help people like me out!
Here’s everything you need to know to get a fire going from scratch in the woods.
If you’re more into videos, though, this tutorial should help you out!
Soon, this will be me (except, y’know, in a more controlled setting).
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/fire-how-to/
That abundant Thanksgiving supper could end up with a journey to the ER.
Associated: 12 Special Places to Invest Thanksgiving
Find much more wonderful material from Travel Network:
Traveling Network YouTube Channel:
Subscribe to Travel Channel on YouTube:
Comply With Travel Channel on Twitter:
Like Traveling Network on Facebook:
With the imminent arrival of summer, you might soon find yourself in a situation where you need to defend your family against a deadly onslaught of angry hornets. Hornets are no laughing matter, especially if you’re allergic. If they found a hornet’s nest on their property, most people would probably call an exterminator…but not this guy. Oh no. He takes matters into his own hands…with extreme prejudice.
I’d hate to be those bugs.
(source Torch Fire Performer )
Let this be a lesson to all hornets: stay away from everyone and everything this summer. Or else, you might just find yourself invited to a BBQ with your nest as the main course…
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/kill-it-with-fire/
I consider myself a very adventurous eater. Octopus, crickets, raw fish, they’re all delicious. But never would I ever do what this guy did.
He must have been fulfilling a ridiculous bet, because not only does he light his food on fire, but it’s what exactly he set ablaze that makes my hair stand straight up.
Yes, friends, that is a fiery cactus he just choked down.
Nope. Thanks. Bye.
Admittedly, it could actually just be a pickle or something — but it’s still ON FIRE. I’ll take my food not in flames.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/tasty-cactus/
Firefighters from the North Vancouver City Fire Company recently responded to a reported apartment fire on East 2nd Street.
When they hit the scene, they were stunned when they saw smoke and flames billowing out of the building. They knew when they got there that many residents were still trapped inside, and some were even dangling from their balconies. The situation was dire, and sadly, it seemed almost hopeless.
Here’s what they saw when they pulled up.
The fire had moved into the walls and roof of the apartment complex, making it virtually impossible to fight the blaze from the inside.
Firefighters began combatting the flames with all available resources from the exterior of the building, although many feared that it was already too late.
But then one firefighter emerged from the smoke.
If it weren’t for the bravery and heroism of the firefighters from North Vancouver City, things might have turned out far worse for this woman and her dog. Keep up the good work!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/vancouver-apartment-rescue/